The Victoria Rooms - Milverton's village hall
The Milverton Victoria Rooms were built in 1887 by Public Subscription and have been the centre of village and parish life ever since. The building, consisting of a main hall, reading room, kitchen, toilets and storerooms, is operated as a village hall by a management committee who are Charity Trustees governed by a Scheme approved by the Charity Commission. Eight Charity Trustees are appointed from among residents of Milverton Parish. The remaining Trustees are representatives of the various organisations, clubs and societies listed in the Approved Charitable Scheme. Our Charity registration number is 293948. Milverton Parish Council is the Custodian Trustee of the building.
A list of the names of the current Trustees is posted on the noticeboard outside the building, together with our annual report and accounts. They are also available on this website together with the Policy Statement, (see side panel).
The building is available for hire for educational purposes, private parties, weddings, dances and concerts. It is regularly used by many of the village clubs, societies and educational organisations. The building is also available for hire for commercial purposes.
We are proud that The Victoria Rooms have been awarded “Hallmark” Levels 1 and 2 by the Community Council for Somerset in association with Action for Communities in Rural England.